Thursday, October 18, 2012

Planned, Paid-for, and Paired Off

So it just so happens that I went on a date this past weekend. It really came out of no where. My roommate met a guy while we went to latin dancing on campus. She had given him her number and he texted her and asked out on a date. She did not want to go with just him, so she asked if she could try setting me up with his roommate. That's how it went down. A completely blind date. All I knew about him was his name. My roommate is a freshman, so she didn't understand the "rules" of dating. She didn't even give her date a chance to pay for her meal that night even after I told her not to pay for it herself! My date was quite gentlemanly and paid for my meal (I did give him the chance to step up and do so). Now that I think of it, my date was the one who opened all the door for us and kept up the most conversation. My roommate's date got brownie points for acctually being the one brave enough to do the asking. Both our dates had PLANNED the date, both PAID-FOR the mini golf we went and did, and we were PAIRED OFF. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I was able to go. As a bonus, I had heard before the date, that my date wasn't sure this whole thing was a good idea, since last time he was set up on a blind date by his roommate he had a terrible time, however, at the end of our date, he told me he had a good time. I really hope I was able to help restore some of his faith in dating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment